Miniaturisation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Institute of Nanotechnology Forum Index -> Nanotechnology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amy Satterfield

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Miniaturisation Reply with quote

I'm thinking in my head, 'okay, we're going to create this thing, something so small, I feel like people's privacy is being invaded, because you don't know perhaps when this little thing could be used on you'.
Sonya Archer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we trying to control nature? Are we trying to manipulate nature? I don't know, I can't articulate it. I just think it makes me feel things are getting out of control, there may be a nasty end product.
Gary Maley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, from the first time the first caveman picked up a bone and slew something or another, then he was interfering with nature. A car which we can more readily understand, that is just a catastrophic impact on nature in every possible way and yet we take taht for granted.
Nicholas Huth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have a gut feeling that if this, if what we're saying now was put in a time capsule and played a hundred years from now, we would look like complete and utter Luddites.
moose8888

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you all suggesting the we just drop everything related with nanotechnology just because there are some skeptics? Come on guys, we have come a very long way in terms of technology leaps and bounce and I'm am very surprise that your line of thinking still exist. They should have remained with the fossils.
ricnadin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything man has invented can be used to do harm or good with little manipulation... just because there could be some bad reprocussions from this, it doesn't mean there won't be equally good ones. We will probably have problems from the religious sects with this branch of science, so we should all be positive.. and on the topic of privacy, the governments already invade it constantly, the advancements this technology will bring to their cause will hardly change what they already do
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Institute of Nanotechnology Forum Index -> Nanotechnology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: