Joined: 16 Mar 2004
|Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:33 pm Post subject: Nanotechnology at the leading edge of medical innovation
|11 July 2007
Nanotechnology at the leading edge of medical innovation
The Institute of Nanotechnology is pleased to announce its second conference on the exciting and highly topical theme of medical nanotechnology. The application of nanotechnology is revolutionising many areas of human endeavour and none so more than medical treatments and therapies. Nanotechnology is redefining areas such as imaging, diagnosis, drug delivery, regenerative medicine and biomaterials as well as facilitating the development of new generations of medical products such as:
* drugs that can be precisely targeted to the sites where they are needed in tiny quantities
* chip-based diagnostic systems that can carry out dozens of analyses simultaneously in real time
* artificial retina and cochlea
* advanced scaffolds for tissue engineering and organ regeneration
* novel agents for greatly improved diagnostic imaging
* paramagnetic nanoparticles for cancer therapy
Many of these developments will offer vastly improved outcomes for patients, therapies for hitherto difficult-to-treat diseases or conditions, improved manufacturing efficiency, or better use of valuable medical professional resources.
“Investing in Medical Nanotechnologies II” will be held on 28-29 November 2007 at the historic and prestigious Royal College of Surgeons in London. Leading international experts will address a variety of important topics including:
* nanotechnology in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
* nanotechnology in drug delivery and pharmaceutical development
* novel devices, nanosensors and diagnostics
* new clinical applications of nanotechnology
* visions and strategies in developing and investing in nanomedicine
“Investing in Medical Nanotechnologies II” is an essential event for all companies, investors, entrepreneurs, authorities and medical professionals interested in the unique benefits that nanomedicine will bring in the near future.
Early booking is advisable for this important event and early-bird rates are available now as are opportunities for delegates to showcase their R&D to potential partners, investors and customers through a concurrent poster exhibition.
Further details are available at http://nanomednet.org/conference07/
Story posted: 11th July 2007