Career time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Institute of Nanotechnology Forum Index -> Nanotechnology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plotting

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Career time Reply with quote

Hi, I would like to study Nanotechnology at undergraduate level but I have read several places that this is a bad idea. It does not go in to too much detail about why this is though.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest the path that I might follow to educate myself and possibly make a career out of this fascinating subject.
What would be a suggested relevant undergraduate degree on what would you recommend moving on to?

Thank you for your time.

Max.
nanomanuk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Career time Reply with quote

Plotting wrote:
Hi, I would like to study Nanotechnology at undergraduate level but I have read several places that this is a bad idea. It does not go in to too much detail about why this is though.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest the path that I might follow to educate myself and possibly make a career out of this fascinating subject.
What would be a suggested relevant undergraduate degree on what would you recommend moving on to?

Thank you for your time.

Max.

It somewhat depends on your starting point and what type of Nanotechnology/Nanoscience you are most interested in.

Medical applications of Nanotech is an exciting growth area. To get yourself involved in this then I would suggest a basic Bioscience orientated degree (assuming you haven't already got one).

If you want a specific Nanotech Degree there are very few around at the moment. Sussex University offers one (www.nano.sussex.ac.uk) and their site is worth a visit to get some idea of what might be involved.

You can also learn quite a lot just by Googling the Internet. The UK Institute of Nanotechnology is a good place to start exploring, as is the USA's Foresight Institute (www.foresight.org) and of course there's the site of Mr Molecular Nanotech himself, Eric Drexler (www.e-drexler.com).

I'm an I.T. Educator who is producing a basic introduction to Nanotech course which will be around the GCSE/A Level level. I'm also having some success introducing the idea of Nanotech to A Level ICT students Smile

Julian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Institute of Nanotechnology Forum Index -> Nanotechnology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: