Microorganisms and Spematozoa have sounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Institute of Nanotechnology Forum Index -> Nanotechnology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arnouf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Microorganisms and Spematozoa have sounds Reply with quote

Hello,
I have a new theory,
It is that Microorganisms and Spermatozoa have sounds that we can hear. Hearing of such sounds may have impact on improving our diagnostic and prognostic tools in medicine; this could open new horizons in nanotechnology.
If we cultivate a motile microbe on to fluid culture media and we take a drop of this fluid and watch it under microscope; we see the motile microbe swimming by the aid of its flagellum (something like our arm). If we magnify this picture by 900000 times, it looks like a man swimming in a swimming pool and the microbial flagellum looks like the arm of a man. When a man is swimming, he pushes the water with his arms resulting in a special sound that we are familiar with it. The same is exactly happening while the microbes move in a liquid medium. In other words, every motion produces waves and the waves over the time build a frequency that we could detect. It follows that microbes are likely to have sound. The energy which is produced by microbial motility is too low for using traditional methods to detect it.
My own guess at this point is that unicellur organisms likely (1) elicit sound by vibrations of the whole cell and (2) the frequencies would vary according to cell size/mass. However, special structures that aid in cell motility like cilia and flagella probably produce sound waves in the surrounding medium. The question is whether we have acoustical instruments sensitive enough to detect them!
Well, it would be a revolutionary finding and tool. It would fit well into nanotechnology, which is a field of great interest nowadays

I just need your support to find out the truth about my theory
Head of Clinical Microbiology Unit,
Ain-Shams University Medical College,
Cairo, Egypt.
Khalil199@hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Institute of Nanotechnology Forum Index -> Nanotechnology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: