A new approach to skills development and training is needed for the multidisciplinary field of nanoscience and nanotechnology, and many universities are now offering post-graduate courses in nanotechnology including other enabling and advanced technologies– each with a different emphasis. The Institute of Nanotechnology, in collaboration with a consortium of course-providing academics and industry representatives, is engaged in enhancing, supporting and benchmarking the quality of education and training in nanotechnology.
The interface of the scheme is web-based, fronting a searchable database on different courses that allows an online comparison of course content. It enables students to choose programmes based on their knowledge and aspirations. Industry can assess post-graduate competencies for recruitment through the detailed information provided on the website. It further provides international outreach to education and training in this field.
This directory provides prospective employers and employees in the rapidly growing area of nanotechnology with an effective source for identifying those opportunities in education, training or professional development.
This website :
- enables an online comparison of the content of different post-graduate courses in nano, enabling and advanced technologies.
- allows prospective students to choose the ideal course based on their skills and future aspirations.
- offers course providers the opportunity to reach out internationally to potential students.
- assists employers in understanding the competences of graduates, in relation to their business needs.
Benefits for course providers who register in the NEAT directory:
Click here for full benefits lists
- Listing on the website www.nano.org.uk/neat
- Listing on promotional material sent to all major international nanotechnology conferences and events
- Regular promotion through the Institute of Nanotechnology's website and newsletter
- Opportunity to network with other course providers internationally and share best practice
- Free membership of the Institute of Nanotechnology for all students registered on courses listed on the website
- Opportunity to contribute to ongoing professional development schemes offered by the Institute
Universities involved with the NEAT directory include:
- Bangor University (UK)
- Brunel University (UK)
- Chalmers University of Technology (Sweden)
- Cranfield University (UK)
- Heriot-Watt University (UK)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- TU Delft (Netherlands)
- TU Dresden (Germany)
- University College London (UK)
- Université Joseph Fourier, Grenoble (France)
- University of Antwerp (Belgium)
- University of Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Birmingham (UK)
- University of Cambridge (UK)
- University of Kaiserslautern (Germany)
- University of Leeds (UK)
- University of Leiden (Netherlands)
- University of Liverpool (UK)
- University of Nottingham (UK)
- University of Oxford (UK)
- University of Sheffield (UK)
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Surrey(UK)
- University of Twente (Netherlands)
- University of Ulster (UK)
Click here to read the unique in-depth report by the Institute of Nanotechnology on industry’s requirements for
Nanotechnology Masters education and training >>