The World Microscopes Market
The world microscopes market, encompassing optical (light), confocal, electron and scanning probe microscopes, generated an estimated $5.6billion in revenues in 2010. The market is expected to grow to over $9billion by 2017.More Details
Increased government and corporate funding in life sciences, materials research and nanotechnology is leading to sustained growth in microscopy. Optical microscopes currently account for the majority of the microscopy market but will lose market share to electron and scanning probe microscopes in the coming years. The largest end user market for microscopy is semiconductors, followed by life sciences, and nanotechnology and nanomaterials research.
The industry was adversely affected the global recession overall, especially in the semiconductors end-user sector (the largest consumer of advanced microscopes) but witnessed growth in the life sciences and healthcare. Electron and Scanning Probe are the fastest growing microscopy markets.
The main regional markets for electron and scanning probe microscopes are in Asia-Pacific and USA. Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing market, with robust sales in Japan and China and an emerging market in India.
What does the report include?
- Comprehensive quantitative data and forecasts for the global microscopes market to 2017
- Qualitative insight and perspective on the current market and future trends in end user markets based on interviews with key executives
- End user market analysis
- Tables and figures illustrating market size and by end user demand
- Full company profiles of microscopes application developers including technology descriptions, revenues, contact details, and end user markets for their products
Who should buy this report?
- Advanced materials producers, application developers; sales and marketing departments
- Corporate strategists and policy advisors
- Light, electron and scanning probe microscopes companies
- Technology consultants and analysts, venture capitalists, and readers interested in the advanced materials market
- New technology teams and application developers in the semiconductors and data storage, thin films and coatings, bio-medicine, healthcare and life sciences, academia and research centers, optics and fibers, nanomaterials, ceramics, metals, FA labs, polymers, energy and chemicals markets
The market is expected to grow to $5.4 billion in 2017, an estimated CAGR of 10.96% from 2010 to 2017.