EICOON Workshop and Summer School
Nanomaterial Issues in Electrochemical Energy Conversion: Fuel Cells, Batteries, Supercapacitors
Helsinki, 13-17 June 2011
Research in nanomaterials is expected to provide critical contributions to the advancement in electrochemical energy technologies and to address the important issue of sustainability. Progress in these cross-disciplinary areas can be best achieved through coordinated and cooperative actions. This event provided a unique opportunity for those involved in research (including funding and policy) in Europe and India to identify synergies and mutual needs to push forward progress and provide benefits for both regions.
- To assess industrial needs for advancement in electrochemical energy conversion devices
- To review latest developments in nano science and technology in order to improve the performance and durability of these electrochemical devices
- To encourage exchange of ideas and strengthen relationships between leading researchers
- To discuss possibilities for joint research projects, training actions and identify other research needs
Audience: Senior scientists, industry leaders, representatives from funding agencies, policy makers and other stake holders.
- To educate interested students and to train young researchers and engineers
Audience: PhD students and young scientists.
- Polymer electrolyte membrane, direct alcohol and solid oxide fuel cells
- Lithium batteries
- Electrochemical double layer capacitors
Dr. Pertti Kauranen
Chief Research Scientist
VTT Advanced Materials
Tel. +358 20 7223575Further Information
Source: EICOON /...
The Institute of Nanotechnology puts significant effort into ensuring that the information provided on its news pages is accurate and up-to-date. However, we cannot guarantee absolute accuracy. Consequently, the Institute of Nanotechnology disclaims any and all responsibility for inaccuracy, omission or any kind of deficiency in relation to the news items and articles hosted herein.
- 14 August 2014“Trojan horse” treatment could beat brain tumours
- 13 August 2014Copper foam turns CO2 into useful chemicals
- 29 July 2014Nanotechnology and tyres: Greening industry and transport
- 22 July 2014Supporting Recommendations for Future Topics in Horizon 2020
- 17 June 20142014 edition of European NanoSafety Cluster Compendium now online
- View All