Free Webinar: "Latin American Biomedical Nanotechnology Showcase"
The ICPC Nanonet Project is currently accepting registrations for the next webinar event, a “Latin American Biomedical Nanotechnology Showcase”, which takes place on 23 March 2011, at 13.30-16.00 GMT (14.30-17.00 CET, 9.30-12.00 CLT, 10.30-13.00 ART & BRT).
The potential of nanotechnology to support biomedical applications, including techniques for intelligent diagnostics and drug delivery, is widely acknowledged. This free webinar is the perfect platform to find out more about current developments, network with other researchers and share research interests
The invited speakers include:
- Prof Dr Marcelo Kogan, Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmacological and Toxicological Chemistry, University of Chile. He will present his research on Metal nanoparticles for biomedical applications;
- Prof Dr Robson Augusto de Souza Santos, Coordinator of N-Biofar, National Institute for Science and Technology in Nano-Biopharmaceuticals, Brazil. He will present his latest work in nano drug delivery
- Prof Dr Eder Romero, Coordinator of the Nanomedicine Research Programme, University of Quilmes, Argentina. She will discuss her research into nano drug delivery targeting Chagas Disease and Leishmaniasis and the Physico-chemical characterisation of nanoparticles.
Participants will include nanoscientists specialising in biomedical applications from Europe and International Cooperation Partner Countries to the EU (emerging economies and developing countries) interested in cooperating with Latin America and individuals interested in expanding their knowledge in this field. Participation is free for registered users of the ICPC NanoNet website (sign up free of charge).
Workshop participants must be registered members of ICPC-Nanonet. If you are not already a member you can register free and then follow the links to the webinar registration form. Numbers are limited to the first 25 registrations.
For more information contact the organiser Ineke Malsch (email@example.com) or the project coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
About ICPC Nanonet
ICPCNanoNet is a support action funded by the EU under FP7 for four years from 1st June 2008. It brings together partners from the EU, China, India, Russia and Africa and aims to provide wider access to published nanoscience research, and opportunities for collaboration between scientists in the EU and International Cooperation Partner Countries (ICPC). This is being achieved through an open access electronic archive of nanoscience publications (Nano Archive) and tools to facilitate networking between scientists in different world regions.
ICPCNanoNet is coordinated by the Institute of Nanotechnology (UK) and includes Sociedade Portuguesa de Inovação (Portugal), St Petersburg Electrotechnical University (Russia), Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (India), Chinese Society of Micro-Nano Technology (China), MERIT, Universiteit Maastricht (Netherlands), Malsch TechnoValuation (Netherlands) and NanoAfNet (Africa).
Source: ICPC NanoNet /...
The Institute of Nanotechnology puts significant effort into ensuring that the information provided on its news pages is accurate and up-to-date. However, we cannot guarantee absolute accuracy. Consequently, the Institute of Nanotechnology disclaims any and all responsibility for inaccuracy, omission or any kind of deficiency in relation to the news items and articles hosted herein.
- 16 October 2014Glasgow nanofabrication expert receives prestigious award
- 26 September 2014On the Road to Artificial Photosynthesis
- 23 September 2014A nanosized hydrogen generator
- 03 September 2014New Synthesis Method May Shape Future of Nanostructures, Clean Energy
- 14 August 2014“Trojan horse” treatment could beat brain tumours
- View All