3D Atomic Love
It's Valentine's day - and they say that the best presents come in small packages.
Scientists at Birmingham University's Nanoscale Physics Research Lab have taken this message to heart - their Valentine card, made of pure palladium, is only 8 nanometres in size; you can even see the atoms. Making the card was also a work of love; clusters of palladium atoms bonded together on the surface of carbon and spontaneously arranged themselves into the world's smallest heart.
Source: University of Birmingham /...
The Institute of Nanotechnology puts significant effort into ensuring that the information provided on its news pages is accurate and up-to-date. However, we cannot guarantee absolute accuracy. Consequently, the Institute of Nanotechnology disclaims any and all responsibility for inaccuracy, omission or any kind of deficiency in relation to the news items and articles hosted herein.
- 04 March 2014NanoCelluComp presents final results at JEC Europe 2014
- 17 February 2014Researchers Hijack Cancer Migration Mechanism to “Move” Brain Tumours
- 12 February 2014Fingerprinting meningitis with lasers
- 06 February 2014European Innovation Convention 2014
- 30 January 2014NanoSafety Cluster Newsletter No.2 - Out Now
- View All