ONLY 1 WEEK UNTIL THE CONFERENCE - LAST FEW PLACES REMAINING !
'Nanotechnologies and Smart Textiles
for Industry and Fashion'
October 11-12 2006, The Royal Society, London
Conference topics include:
'Nanoporous Functional Coatings for Textiles', 'MicroNanoStructured Fibre Systems for Emergency-Disaster Wear', 'Gold Nanoparticles as Colourants and Functional Entities in High Fashion Textiles', 'Emotional Sensing' , 'InkJet Technology for Textile Printing and the Functionalising of Textile Surfaces using Digital Techniques', 'Elongation Sensors in Conducting Textiles for Wearable Applications', 'Introducing the Fashion Paradox - Nanotechnology for Tunable Textiles', 'Functional Electrospun Nanofibers for Textile Applications: Visions, Problems and Some Solutions'.
See full programme - now confirmed
- Dirk Hegemann, EMPA, St Gallen
- Annalisa Bonfiglio, ProeTex, University of Cagliari
- Volkmar von Arnim , ITV Dekendorf
- Brian McCarthy, TechniTex
- Moritz Graf zu Eulenburg, Coatema AG, Dormagen
- Phil Sams, Unilever
- Jim Johnston, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Rob Lomax, Baxenden Chemicals
- Mark Schaerlaekens, Centexbel, Belgium Textile Research Centre
- Jane McCann , University of Wales
- Lucy McRae , Philips Design
- Wilhelm Barthlott, Bonn University
- Vicente Cambra, AITEX-Instituto Tecnológico Textil
- Rita Paradiso, Research & Development Director, Smartex S.r.l., Italy
- Chris Byrne, TechniTex
- Sandy Black, London College of Fashion
- Andreas Greiner, Philips-Universität Marburg
From fashion to health, and in applications as diverse as aerospace and construction, nanotechnologies are opening the door to a whole spectrum of new markets for the textile and related industries. This event will focus on these new applications of nanotechnology, particularly in today's framework of smartness, sustainability and resource conservation.
Discounted rates and priority bookings for members.
To find out more about membership please contact Gemma McCulloch.
Partners and sponsors